I wanted to share with you an organization that I am proud to be part of and one that is very true to my heart and creative practice.
Third Estate Art has achieved some amazing things this year. I am asking if you would be willing to donate on this day of #GivingTuesday to help us continue to create the magic!
In less than a year, Third Estate Art has:
1. Completed two large-scale outdoor installations (The Birds Project) spanning the entirety of Rogers Park to remember victims of gun violence.
2. Hosted free bird making workshops to help neighbors heal from gun violence and participate in the Birds Project.
3. Launched an installation at The Glenwood to call attention to the places and things we’re losing to climate change.
4. Hosted a Pride-themed craft at the Artists of the Wall festival.
5. Painted faces at a “Night Out in the Parks” screening of Black Panther.
6. Built a haunted house with the Pottawattomie Park Advisory Council for neighborhood kids.
7. Painted masks with kids at Pottawattomie Park’s Trunk or Treat.
8. Provided childcare and crafts at an early voting event.
We also worked very hard behind the scenes to write bylaws, file for and achieve NFP status, file for and achieve 501(c)3 status, and build relationships with other neighborhood groups that make our work possible.
Currently, we’re working with the Rogers Park Stitchers to provide handmade winter gear for folx out in the cold this winter. Next year, we’ll host our very first salon-style event with the theme “Access to Care.” We also have big plans to host mosaic making workshops, make some artistic improvements to the Pottawattomie Park field house.
So as you can see, we’re very tired! Please consider us on this Giving Tuesday. We’re small and mighty, and we’re good at stretching every dollar. Your donations are tax deductible and go directly toward necessities, like project supplies and web hosting.
Click the image to donate today.